- Two minors are isolated who would be involved in the crime of extortive kidnapping in Duran
- A citizen was arrested for transporting 20 kilos of marijuana in Mascarilla
- Hit to the microtraffic Police confiscated 63482 doses of marijuana in Ibarra
- Arrested for illegal possession of a firearm
- A person was arrested for illegal possession of a firearm in Cojimíes
- Police arrested to Citizen transporting 10 tons of chemical precursor
600 thousand cigarettes were seized
Police officers from the Customs Crimes Unit of the National Police prevented the smuggling of around 600 thousand cigarettes from different brands transported illegally in the drawer of a PQV-0989 plate truck.
The police were carrying out a control operation in the parish of San Roque of the canton Antonio Ante, in the toll sector, where they stopped the vehicle to check the cargo it carried. In the drawer he had 60 boxes of cigarettes of different brands. The driver of the vehicle, the citizen César P. T and his companion María Olga L. P. alleged owners of the merchandise, were placed under orders of the authority, since they did not present legal documents that allow them to transport this amount of cigarettes.
The approximate value of the load exceeds 10 unified minimum wages (SMU), so that the merchandise was confiscated and transferred to the warehouses of the Customs located in Yahuarcocha (Meneses-SZImbabura / DNCE)