- National Police together with municipal authorities and community aim to highlight La Mariscal as a tourist and cultural attraction
- Citizens arrested for alleged theft crime
- Prevention campaign “Yo vivo sin violencia infantil”
- Find 130 Heroin Capsules in Mask Control
- Successful campaign to raise awareness of respect for cyclists in the “White City”
- Institutional agreement between the National Police and the International University La Rioja
A detainee, recovered motorcycle and 425 grams of drug seized, left an operation in Manta
An operation carried out by the National Police in Manta resulted in the arrest of citizen Diego P., the seizure of 425 grams of cocaine base and the recovery of a motorcycle reported as stolen.
The operation was carried out in the sector 6 of March of the parish Leonidas Proaño, at 4:45 pm. Personnel of the Motorized Operations Group (GOM), which was conducting preventive patrol, received the report about the robbery of a motorcycle in the San Pedro neighborhood.
The uniformed men began searching for the location of the motorcycle, thus achieving its location inside a house, in the district March 6.
Upon entering the property, the motorcycle was stolen and on top of the roof a black cover, with 3 wrappers wrapped in brown packaging tape, containing cocaine base with a weight of 409 grams in total. Also found 16 grams of the same substance divided into 38 sheaths of paper notebook and 912 dollars in cash.
With this timely action, the stolen motorcycle was recovered and 4,250 doses of cocaine were taken out of circulation.
Diego P., was placed under orders of the competent authority, who at the respective hearing, opened two fiscal processes for the alleged offenses of receiving and illicit trafficking of scheduled substances subject to inspection. It was pronounced for him, pre-trial detention and his imprisonment in the Center of Deprivation of Liberty of Jipijapa. J.Cedeño / R.Zambrano / DNCE.