- GEMA prevents 5301 doses of cocaine from reaching final destination
- 70 vehicles will be added to the work performed by the counternarcotics agents in the country
- The School. Cbos. Fermín Eulogio Álava Álava delivers toys to the children of Santa Rita de Chone Parish
- National Police together with municipal authorities and community aim to highlight La Mariscal as a tourist and cultural attraction
- Citizens arrested for alleged theft crime
- Prevention campaign “Yo vivo sin violencia infantil”
Agents arrest suspect for alleged environmental crime in the Bay sector
A team of agents from the environment Protection Unit (UPMA) proceeded to arrested Ramón Dolores P. V., who was caught in flagrante delicto selling meat from the wild life of “Saino” species.
The police report indicates that the police patrol of the UPMA, in charge of a preventive patrol on the Chile and Chiriboga streets, in the outer Bay mall, observe the now arrested commercializing lobsters and that inside the drawer there was meat coming from wildlife, which by law of the environment is prohibited poaching.
Given the situation presented personnel of the Environmental Protection Unit (UPMA), by version of the suspects involved in environmental crime, they know that the meat had been purchased at Km 28 way the coast, activating the protocols from the private to the Ministry of the Environment.
Later and take the procedure with the collaboration of a patrolman of the Community Police Unit 8 UPC-Chile, they advance to where they make contact with the biologist Leonardo Álava Contreras, natural heritage technician of the Ministry of the Environment who delivered the technical report in which it was confirmed that the meat wildlife fauna (pecari tajacu or tayassu pecari).
When dealing with an environmental crime Ramón Dolores P. V., and the evidence was transferred to the Installations on the Flagrancy Judicial Unit of Albán Borja, the Ab. Franz Mendoza, prosecutor on duty, ordered the arrest and be placed under the orders of the corresponding judicial body to resolve their legal situation within 24 hours since the arrest took place (Oswaldo Trujillo P. DNCE, Zone 8)