- Border Control Unit seizes sports shoes and contraband perfumes.
- Judge orders preventive prison for David Ch for carrying a revolver
- Ecuador is the only country in South America to implement an immediate warning for missing persons
- The police capture two of the most wanted in Guayaquil
- Two suspects involved in the murder of Jacinto Pinela was arrested in Milagro
- Police recovers vehicle reported as stolen in Manabí
Charapa turtle rescued by the UPMA
A small tortoise (Charapa) was rescued by police officers of the Environmental Protection Unit, in the community Charguayacu, sector of El Juncal, Ibarra canton.
On Sunday afternoon, UPMA uniforms received the phone call from the central ECU 9-1-1, which reported on the presence of the wildlife specimen. The small tortoise was found on the road, by a citizen who alerted the police officers of the Community Police Unit (UPC) of Charguayacu.
Specialized uniforms of the UPMA, arrived at the place and rescued the wild specimen to after to put it to good collection, to deliver it to officials of the Ministry of the Environment who were in charge of transfer to the center of rescue of Chaltura in Antonio Ante, with its respective medical evaluation (Meneses-SZImbabura / DNCE)