- GEMA prevents 5301 doses of cocaine from reaching final destination
- 70 vehicles will be added to the work performed by the counternarcotics agents in the country
- The School. Cbos. Fermín Eulogio Álava Álava delivers toys to the children of Santa Rita de Chone Parish
- National Police together with municipal authorities and community aim to highlight La Mariscal as a tourist and cultural attraction
- Citizens arrested for alleged theft crime
- Prevention campaign “Yo vivo sin violencia infantil”
Dictate prison for suspect that was found in power 10 firearms and 1,280 cartridges
The head of the Judicial Police of Zone 8, Crnl. Telmo Erazo Gavilanes, reported that a team of agents of the entity under his charge have raided an address in the canton Salitre and seized 10 firearms, 1,280 cartridges and 10,000 dollars.
He indicated that before a citizen complaint and investigative work, in coordination with the prosecutor’s office, they have obtained from the competent authority a search warrant to verify that firearms that were rented for the commission of crimes in Zone 8 were being stored in the aforementioned dwelling. and the provinces of Guayas and Los Ríos.
Among the weapons confiscated is a cal carbine. 30M-1, three Mossberg shotguns, one Remington shotgun, four revolvers and one pistol, two short-pointed weapons. Among the 1,800 cartridges are among them the best known of 38 and 9mm; and cartridges for rifles, which caught the attention of the agents in charge of the police operation, said Crnl. Erazo Gavilanes.
During the operation, Kleber Fortunato L.V. was also arrested, which did not justify the possession of the arsenal. He also noted that he has been informed that during the arraignment hearing, the judge in charge of the case has determined the order of preventive detention and the start of the fiscal instruction that will last 30 days.
The suspect of being found guilty of the crime of trafficking in firearms, in the degree of author could receive a sanction in accordance with the provisions of Article 362 of the Organic Comprehensive Criminal Code (COIP), between 5 to seven years of Major imprisonment (Oswaldo Trujillo P. DNCE, Zone 8).