- Two minors are isolated who would be involved in the crime of extortive kidnapping in Duran
- A citizen was arrested for transporting 20 kilos of marijuana in Mascarilla
- Hit to the microtraffic Police confiscated 63482 doses of marijuana in Ibarra
- Arrested for illegal possession of a firearm
- A person was arrested for illegal possession of a firearm in Cojimíes
- Police arrested to Citizen transporting 10 tons of chemical precursor
Disarticulated alleged narco-licit structure in Santa Elena
The national Police of Ecuador, through Antinarcotics National Directorate and its Ports and Airports information Unit (UIPA), executed the “Fortaleza 221” operation, which managed to dismantle part of a narco-criminal structure dedicated to the stockpiling and trafficking of substances subject to control by maritime routes to Central America.
Through intelligence work, it was possible to identify the modus operandi of this organization, which through the fulfillment of functions and responsibility were dedicated to the transport, storage and dispatch of the alkaloid, form Santa Elena.
As a result of the operation they were arrested:
In addition, it was confiscated:
049 grams of cocaine
4 cell phones
1 vehicle (motorcycle)
1 boat (boat)
The Ministry of the Interior and National Police of Ecuador, their commitment to eradicate micro trafficking and drug trafficking in our territory, in addition the two institution work tirelessly to prevent Ecuador from being a country of international transit of these illicit substances. DNCE/MDI