- The physical security of technological resources
- The fair was held “Actívate con tu Familia”
- Arrested with 57 doses of marijuana in residential area of Ibarra
- Seizure of 1 ton of cocaine hydrochloride on the “Island of Love” in Esmeraldas
- Police seized 7 tons and a half of baking soda destined for drug processing laboratories
- Three detainees in control of illegal mining activities
Disarticulated alleged narco-licit structure in Santa Elena
The national Police of Ecuador, through Antinarcotics National Directorate and its Ports and Airports information Unit (UIPA), executed the “Fortaleza 221” operation, which managed to dismantle part of a narco-criminal structure dedicated to the stockpiling and trafficking of substances subject to control by maritime routes to Central America.
Through intelligence work, it was possible to identify the modus operandi of this organization, which through the fulfillment of functions and responsibility were dedicated to the transport, storage and dispatch of the alkaloid, form Santa Elena.
As a result of the operation they were arrested:
In addition, it was confiscated:
049 grams of cocaine
4 cell phones
1 vehicle (motorcycle)
1 boat (boat)
The Ministry of the Interior and National Police of Ecuador, their commitment to eradicate micro trafficking and drug trafficking in our territory, in addition the two institution work tirelessly to prevent Ecuador from being a country of international transit of these illicit substances. DNCE/MDI