- Border Control Unit seizes sports shoes and contraband perfumes.
- Judge orders preventive prison for David Ch for carrying a revolver
- Ecuador is the only country in South America to implement an immediate warning for missing persons
- The police capture two of the most wanted in Guayaquil
- Two suspects involved in the murder of Jacinto Pinela was arrested in Milagro
- Police recovers vehicle reported as stolen in Manabí
Illegal wood retained in rural parish of Ibarra
In the rural parish of La Carolina, Ibarra canton, police staff of the Environmental Unit (UPMA), retained a total of 14.49 m3 of forest product, which was inside a building whose owner did not justify documents with legal source.
The wood was found by the police forces that carried out a control operation jointly with officials of the Ministry of the Environment (MAE) in the rural sector of the Ibarra canton. The wood of the species Copal in the form of planks, was inside a domicile where the owner did not present the legal documents.
Officials of the MAE retained the wood and left it in the custody of the same owner of the domicile, while carrying out the relevant legal procedures (Meneses-SZImbabura / DNCE)