- Police personnel are trained in oral litigation issues
- Police retain contraband medication in Otavalo
- GOE celebrates 26 years of service to citizens
- History of the National Police, notes and documents
- Gabriel Rodriguez won the first place in the 17th edition of the horse racing contest “National Police”
- Operative security in the transfer of “Cobalt 60”
Operation “Fortaleza 93” leaves 7 arrested and 2,709 doses of drug seized
An alleged criminal gang dedicated to the collection and sale of drugs in sectors of southwestern Guayaquil was disarticulated Saturday morning by agents of the Anti-Narcotics Unit of Zone 8, after executing Operation “Fortaleza 93”.
For the sale of the drug, the organization used chamberos and consumers to distribute the drug in territories of Trinitaria Island, an activity that was exposed by the teams of the Anti-Narcotics Unit, assigned to the intelligence operations in the intervened District Esteros
The commander of the Esteros District, Crnl. Gustavo Cabezas Uriarte, said that by order of the competent authority have been raided 7 buildings, where police intelligence determined that the alleged micro-traffickers resided and where they found as evidence 2,004 doses of heroin, 466 cocaine, 239 marijuana, 1 balance and 4 cell phones.
The detainees are under orders of justice and the drug entered in the cellars of indications of the Anti-narcotics Unit of Zone 8. In the operation “Fortaleza 93”, agents of the Anti-Narcotics Unit participated, with support of personnel of the preventive service of the District Esteros and tactical teams of the Intervention and Rescue Group, Special Group Mobile Anti-narcotics (GEMA), Criminalistics and Dinapen. (Oswaldo Trujillo P. DNCE, Zone 8).