- Seizure of 1 ton of cocaine hydrochloride on the “Island of Love” in Esmeraldas
- Police seized 7 tons and a half of baking soda destined for drug processing laboratories
- Three detainees in control of illegal mining activities
- The police take out two firearms south of Guayaquil
- Course of “Rescue Trainers in Mountain” concludes to police officers
- In four actions agents of the Anti-narcotics Unit seize 5,365 doses of drugs
Operative “Mio” allowed the seizure of 90 kilos of cocaine in Manta
The National Police of Ecuador, through the Unit Against Traffic for Internal Consumption (UCTCI), of the Antinarcotics Directorate, early on Sunday, July 1, obtained the seizure of 90 kilos of cocaine that was intended to be distributed in the canton Blanket.
At a press conference Colonel Renato Cevallos subrogation commander of zone 4, mentioned that the operation called MIO, was developed through research operations that allowed to know that in a vehicle was going to be transported alkaloid that would supply the markets for consumption in this jurisdiction .
“It was identified and located to the mobile of the crime, a van Chevrolet model D-max, lead color, which was circulating on the av. Malecón and it was intercepted at the height of the Redondel of the seafood market of Playita Mía “. The police chief indicated.
On the bucket of the truck was found cans that inside had 70 brick-like packages wrapped with packing tape, brown, with the logo “MIO” with a whitish substance that when subjected to field tests gave cocaine positive a weight of 88,770 grams of cocaine.
Citizen Edwin D., 34 years old, was found in the vehicle. He was arrested for investigations into the crime of transporting classified substances subject to inspection.
The vehicle was retained in the police yards to continue with the investigation process.
“With this operation the National Police removed from circulation and prevented the commercialization of 888,000 doses of drugs, in the Manta district,” he concluded. J. Cedeño / / DNCE.