- Institutional agreement between the National Police and the International University La Rioja
- Operational “Libertad” allows to rescue victims of human trafficking in Quito
- Campaign “Prevent is to protect you” was presented in civic minute Eugenio Espejo district
- Wildlife species were released to their habitat
- Agents of the Judicial Police and the Sidprobac of Zone 8 arrest three bus robbers
- Communications analysts police
Operative “Mio” allowed the seizure of 90 kilos of cocaine in Manta
The National Police of Ecuador, through the Unit Against Traffic for Internal Consumption (UCTCI), of the Antinarcotics Directorate, early on Sunday, July 1, obtained the seizure of 90 kilos of cocaine that was intended to be distributed in the canton Blanket.
At a press conference Colonel Renato Cevallos subrogation commander of zone 4, mentioned that the operation called MIO, was developed through research operations that allowed to know that in a vehicle was going to be transported alkaloid that would supply the markets for consumption in this jurisdiction .
“It was identified and located to the mobile of the crime, a van Chevrolet model D-max, lead color, which was circulating on the av. Malecón and it was intercepted at the height of the Redondel of the seafood market of Playita Mía “. The police chief indicated.
On the bucket of the truck was found cans that inside had 70 brick-like packages wrapped with packing tape, brown, with the logo “MIO” with a whitish substance that when subjected to field tests gave cocaine positive a weight of 88,770 grams of cocaine.
Citizen Edwin D., 34 years old, was found in the vehicle. He was arrested for investigations into the crime of transporting classified substances subject to inspection.
The vehicle was retained in the police yards to continue with the investigation process.
“With this operation the National Police removed from circulation and prevented the commercialization of 888,000 doses of drugs, in the Manta district,” he concluded. J. Cedeño / / DNCE.