- Seizure of 1 ton of cocaine hydrochloride on the “Island of Love” in Esmeraldas
- Police seized 7 tons and a half of baking soda destined for drug processing laboratories
- Three detainees in control of illegal mining activities
- The police take out two firearms south of Guayaquil
- Course of “Rescue Trainers in Mountain” concludes to police officers
- In four actions agents of the Anti-narcotics Unit seize 5,365 doses of drugs
Operative security in the transfer of “Cobalt 60”
The National Police of Ecuador, through the General Directorate of Operations of Zone 9 and Subzona Pichincha, this Thursday March 8, 2018, conducted the security operation, the transfer of 5 radioactive sources of cobalt 60, cataloged as radio material active of high dangerousness considered (Level 1).
The same ones that were in the waste warehouse belonging to the Ministry of Electricity and Renewable Energy located in Aloag, these were used in the radiation practice of cancer therapies, used by millions of people in different hospitals in the country, since The technological changes and the lifetime are considered as radioactive waste.
These sources were transferred from the Aloag sector to the Mariscal Sucre Airport in Tababela, later they will be sent to Germany for recycling as European countries have special laboratories with multi-barrier protection for the treatment of this type of material, an activity that is carried out for the first time in the history of Ecuador.
The security capsule for the transfer was formed by the Intervention and Rescue Group (GIR), Special Operations Group (GOE), Order Maintenance Unit (UMO), Motorized Operations Group (GOM), Preventive Service, Intelligence, Anti-narcotics and the Aeropolicial Service (SAP), which were commanded by Lieutenant Colonel José Luis Garcés Naranjo Head of the Department of Security and Risk Management of the National Police.
In this way the Institution guardian of the order at the service of the country and the citizenship, demonstrated its professionalism and delivery in this type of extraordinary events. Yasig E / DNCE