- National Police together with municipal authorities and community aim to highlight La Mariscal as a tourist and cultural attraction
- Citizens arrested for alleged theft crime
- Prevention campaign “Yo vivo sin violencia infantil”
- Find 130 Heroin Capsules in Mask Control
- Successful campaign to raise awareness of respect for cyclists in the “White City”
- Institutional agreement between the National Police and the International University La Rioja
Operative security in the transfer of “Cobalt 60”
The National Police of Ecuador, through the General Directorate of Operations of Zone 9 and Subzona Pichincha, this Thursday March 8, 2018, conducted the security operation, the transfer of 5 radioactive sources of cobalt 60, cataloged as radio material active of high dangerousness considered (Level 1).
The same ones that were in the waste warehouse belonging to the Ministry of Electricity and Renewable Energy located in Aloag, these were used in the radiation practice of cancer therapies, used by millions of people in different hospitals in the country, since The technological changes and the lifetime are considered as radioactive waste.
These sources were transferred from the Aloag sector to the Mariscal Sucre Airport in Tababela, later they will be sent to Germany for recycling as European countries have special laboratories with multi-barrier protection for the treatment of this type of material, an activity that is carried out for the first time in the history of Ecuador.
The security capsule for the transfer was formed by the Intervention and Rescue Group (GIR), Special Operations Group (GOE), Order Maintenance Unit (UMO), Motorized Operations Group (GOM), Preventive Service, Intelligence, Anti-narcotics and the Aeropolicial Service (SAP), which were commanded by Lieutenant Colonel José Luis Garcés Naranjo Head of the Department of Security and Risk Management of the National Police.
In this way the Institution guardian of the order at the service of the country and the citizenship, demonstrated its professionalism and delivery in this type of extraordinary events. Yasig E / DNCE