- The fair was held “Actívate con tu Familia”
- Arrested with 57 doses of marijuana in residential area of Ibarra
- Seizure of 1 ton of cocaine hydrochloride on the “Island of Love” in Esmeraldas
- Police seized 7 tons and a half of baking soda destined for drug processing laboratories
- Three detainees in control of illegal mining activities
- The police take out two firearms south of Guayaquil
Stared diffusion campaign does not star the skin of the forest
On the morning of this Monday, December 4, 2017, a press conference was held to inform details of the “No arranques la piel de los bosques” camping promoted by the Ministry of the Environment and The National Police, through the Environment Protection Unit (UPMA).
This initiative has been carried out for six years, starting from today until December 31st, where through communication tools it is about raising awareness among the citizen. Reporting alternatives to replace moss in Christmas cribs, with recycled paper, sawdust, pebbles, artificial stones, leaves fallen from trees and different types of recycled materials.
Moss is a species of wild flora that maintains moisture, stops erosion, intercepts rain, absorbs air pollutants and favors the development of plants and animals such as; insects, frogs and birds of humid ecosystems because they take advantage of this source of water for their survival.
Major José Yánez head of the UPMA, mentioned that the purchase and sale of this natural resource in prohibited by the Forest and Conservation law of Natural Areas of Ecuador, protected by the Organic Comprehensive Criminal Code, Article 247 and the Forestry and Conservation Law of Natural Areas and Wildlife, article 78.
So it will be carried out control operations on roads, squares, markets and commercial premises jointly with officials of the MA, distributed nationwide, during the 24 hours a day mentioned. Yasig E/DNCE