- National Police together with municipal authorities and community aim to highlight La Mariscal as a tourist and cultural attraction
- Citizens arrested for alleged theft crime
- Prevention campaign “Yo vivo sin violencia infantil”
- Find 130 Heroin Capsules in Mask Control
- Successful campaign to raise awareness of respect for cyclists in the “White City”
- Institutional agreement between the National Police and the International University La Rioja
UPMA withholds forest product due to illegal logging
The complaint of an alleged illegal logging of trees in the sector of Changalá, La Esperanza parish of Ibarra canton, allowed the police officers of the Environmental Unit (UPMA), of Ibarra to confiscate tools with which several trees were cut from the species of eucalyptus.
When arriving at the place, the uniformed ones in coordination with officials of Ministry of the Environment of Imbabura (MAE-I) verified that several trees were on the floor. Residents of the sector realized that unknown people had carried out illegal logging to then escape from the site.
The uniformed men found a machete, a file and a chainsaw chain, tools that were retained by officials of the Provincial Department of the Environment of Imbabura DPAI, as well as the retention of 1,044 m3 of forest product. (P. Meneses-SZ Imbabura / DNCE)