- Duro golpe a la delincuencia en operación Jaque Mate 1
- El mensaje de prevención del delito de drogas se expresa en el festival “Yo vivo sin drogas tú decides”
- Área de Nefrología del Hospital de la Policía en Guayaquil cuenta con nuevos equipos para la atención de hemodiálisis
- Un total de 5.000 servidores policiales de la Zona 8 se encargaran de la seguridad durante el feriado por el Día del Trabajo
- Policía presentará quejas por la liberación de presuntos integrantes de una banda dedicada a la extorsión en Monte Sinaí
- Dinased localiza un cuerpo sin vida en las riberas del río Machángara.
- “Policía por un día” Alexis cumplió su sueño
- Se aprehendió a ciudadanos que escondían 124 celulares en su habitación
- Policía rescata a mujer retenida dentro de su domicilio.
- Antisana y Cotopaxi son las próximas salidas de la campaña Montaña Segura
70 vehicles will be added to the work performed by the counternarcotics agents in the country
The morning of this Thursday, December 27, 2018, in the National Antinarcotics Directorate (DNA), located north of Quito, the vehicle delivery ceremony was held by the Ministry of the Interior. This new logistics will strengthen the work in the fight against drug trafficking.
The seventy vehicles designed to strengthen the work performed by the agents of this unit, were acquired with recourse obtained after a process of auction of vehicles that met their time of service. And they will be distributed throughout the country, in the areas of competence of the personnel working in the research axis, throughout the country.
The National Anti-Narcotics Director, District General Carlos Alulema, mentioned the significant importance of the delivery of these vehicles, to strengthen the operation that they develop on a national scale. He also indicated that the work they do is evident through the information disseminated by the different media, for the public’s knowledge.
«The successful results respond to the support and opening of the National Government, which has allowed greater international cooperation, which adds the will, professionalism and commitment to the country, of each of the counternarcotics agents throughout the country,» he said. .
The General Commander of the Institution, General Inspector Nelson Villegas, expressed his gratitude to the Minister of the Interior and the President of the Republic, for the management carried out to crystallize the delivery of these vehicles. «These vehicles will be put at the service of the citizens, in the daily work carried out by the uniformed,» he said. He also highlighted and appreciated the presence of the Minister, because it enhances the spirit of work of the police, facing difficult times.
For her part, the Minister of the Interior and Secretary in charge of Political Management, María Paula Romo, expressed a fraternal greeting from the National Government and the President of the Republic. «I had to be in the house of the DNA, with the men and women that make it, of which we are proud,» he said.
He referred to the impeccable work done by this Directorate, which «prevents millions of doses of drugs from reaching children and young people.» He also pointed out the importance of international cooperation in the fight against drug trafficking, which crosses borders and contaminates the different instances of the State and society.
The State official mentioned that this year will be closed, with the seizure of approximately 95 tons of illicit substances subject to control. He also indicated that it is necessary to equip staff with tools and equipment; as well as, improve their conditions in terms of health, housing and many other needs.
The ceremony ended with the blessing of the vehicles by the Vicar of the parish «Queen of the World» of Carcelén, Father Alexis Blanco.
The event was chaired by the Minister of the Interior and Secretary in charge of Policy Management, María Paula Romo; the General Commander of the Police, General Inspector Nelson Villegas Ubillús; the National Director of Antinarcotics, District General Carlos Alulema, among other guests. / DNA / DNCE