- Operación “Victoria 369” desarrollada en Guayaquil deja como resultado dos aprehendidos y el decomiso de armas y droga
- Policía capturó a integrante del frente “Oliver Sinisterra” en la localidad de Mataje
- Policía desarticuló organización delictiva dedicada al robo de autopartes, en Riobamba
- Policía Nacional rechaza acciones violentas contra sus uniformados y bienes de Estado
- Policía Nacional combate el delito de transporte y comercialización de sustancias ilegales
- En sector Los Tanques la Policía aprehende a sospechoso en posesión de un arma de fuego tipo subametralladora
- 5 detenidos en operación Nemesis III en Manabí
- Policía detiene a sujeto en Manta luego de robo a domicilio
- En Orellana, Policía Nacional realiza permanentes operativos de control
- En Guayaquil y Durán, la Policía detienen en flagrancia a tres presuntos delincuentes
A citizen was sentenced for killing a pet
The National Police of Ecuador, through the District Eloy Alfaro-DMQ, reported the arrest of a citizen who assaulted a pet (dog) until his dead
The police officers of the sub-circuit Chimbacalle 4 came to verify the novelty thanks to the complaint filed by a citizen who would have witnessed the aggression to the pet and captured all the mistreatment in photographs.
Upon learning of the novelty, the officers of the order immediately entered the house where the can was lying dead, the same one that presented several wounds of white weapon in its body and neck; Arriving to determine that they were caused by its owner using a knife because the dog would have bitten another of the pets that had the now stopped.
For this reason and in being in a flagrant infraction, the agents immediately arrested the alleged aggressor and later was transferred to the Criminal Judicial Unit with Competition in Flagrant Violations, where the judge on duty imposed the penalty of 7 days imprisonment and a fine of 25 Percent of unified basic salary.
Article 249 of the Organic Code of Criminal Integral stipulates as a contravention to a person who causes harm, causes injury, impairs the physical integrity of a pet or companion animal by action or omission; Sanctioning said offense with a custodial sentence of three to seven days.
The National Police of Ecuador calls on the public conscience in order to respect the physical integrity and life of animals and invites to report any act of mistreatment against pets. B Guerrero / DNCE