- Acción policial rápida permite recuperar vehículo reportado como robado
- En Otavalo se realiza feria “Juntos por tu Seguridad”
- En Quito, Policía realiza feria de seguridad “Yo vivo seguro”
- UPMA inspecciona tala ilegal de árboles en Otavalo y retiene 5.917 m3 de madera
- Al servicio de la comunidad se encuentra nuevamente la UPC de la Dammer
- Sancionados por transportar aceite mineral quemado
Police prevents women from taking their lives in Portoviejo
The patrol personnel, yesterday while performing the patrols find a woman who tried to take her life by throwing herself on the road, with the intention of being run over in the Portoviejo city.
The incident took place the previous Thursday in the via Portoviejo Manta, at around 10:00 pm, which was alerted by a citizen to the police personnel of the patrolling in the San Gregorio Citadel, that a woman was in the middle of the road, throwing herself into the asphalt with the intention of being run over by vehicles that circulated through this road to the city center.
Immediately, the police personnel went to the place and made contact with the mother of the woman who identified her as Angela Monserrate C. P., 22 years old, unaware the causes that led her daughter to make the decision to make her own life; so, we made contact with the woman and tried to convince her to give up and put her safely without achieving the goal. For this reason and with authorization of the mother, she was taken to the Verdi Cevallos hospital, where she received emergency care, controlling her anxiety, and then driving her home in the San Gregorio citadel.
Due to the emotional instability of the citizen, the mother was registered in the Security Button system and able to attend in case of emergency. R. Zambrano/DNCE