- Sancionados por transportar aceite mineral quemado
- Dos detenidos portando arma de fuego.
- Policía y Ministerio del Ambiente inauguran la campaña “No Arranques la piel de los Bosques”
- Agentes antinarcóticos hallan en Tulcán camión con 855 kilos de cocaína
- Policía halló en Tulcán un camión con una Tonelada 39 kilos de cocaína
- 1120 policías garantizarán la seguridad en la peregrinación «Virgen del Quinche»
UPMA withholds forest product due to illegal logging
The complaint of an alleged illegal logging of trees in the sector of Changalá, La Esperanza parish of Ibarra canton, allowed the police officers of the Environmental Unit (UPMA), of Ibarra to confiscate tools with which several trees were cut from the species of eucalyptus.
When arriving at the place, the uniformed ones in coordination with officials of Ministry of the Environment of Imbabura (MAE-I) verified that several trees were on the floor. Residents of the sector realized that unknown people had carried out illegal logging to then escape from the site.
The uniformed men found a machete, a file and a chainsaw chain, tools that were retained by officials of the Provincial Department of the Environment of Imbabura DPAI, as well as the retention of 1,044 m3 of forest product. (P. Meneses-SZ Imbabura / DNCE)